Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Popeye Arcade Gay Advertisement

I was going to touch on this yesterday, but that Popeye post was already running long enough! People to this day pine for Nintendo to any sort of port of their classic, all but forgotten Popeye arcade game. This game was the shit back in the day. There's a ton of history to it, including the fact that you can thank Popeye for the creation of Mario! (Look it up!) Anyway, I found out last year that they did a cell phone version, released by Namco, and a company called Project Next a mobile gaming company from Europe. I thought the video the marketing team released on Youtube was pretty um..interesting. The music doesn't say Popeye, or arcade to me, but rave at a gay club. Even the announcer sounds so out of place. XD Sigh...No wonder I never heard of it till 2 years after it's release.



Maybe they should have stuck to something closer to the original Parker Brothers adds from the 80s....I guess they had a very limited budget and had to use someones boyfriends demo tape. >__<

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...